TV and social media have become inextricably linked. By uniting these channels through multi-screen activation and analytics, 4C enhances media value for brands.
To assess the TV ads generating the greatest consumer response on social media, 4C fuses data from Teletrax, its global TV monitoring network covering more than 1,300 U.S. channels in all 210 DMAs, and its proprietary social affinity database with engagements from 1.5+ billion people across Facebook and Twitter.
By comparing each brand’s social media engagements in the two-minute period after the start of a TV ad to the brand’s average social media engagement rate, 4C calculates the TV Social Lift Impact. Ultimately this is a measure of how much more likely a consumer is to engage with the brand on social media after seeing its TV ad.
- T-Mobile drove social lift and claimed the #1 spot on the broadcast rankings as consumers responded to its ads highlighting pesky fees.
- Subway’s $6 footlong ads helped drive a 145.7% increase in social engagement from cable and a 94.3% increase from broadcast for the sandwich maker on cable.
- Consumers were enamored with the iPhone’s portrait mode as its Take Mine spot helped Apple’s social engagement increase by 97.6%.
- In January people responded strongly to the telco category with 3 of the 4 largest providers earning top spots in the broadcast rankings.
- Food was a hot topic with cable TV ads driving high lifts for Subway, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Taco Bell.