Are you a Video Vanguard?
Jul 18, 2019 • Aaron Goldman
Last week we published new research from Forrester Consulting commissioned by 4C titled Mature Your Video Marketing to Drive Business Value.
We asked Forrester to look into the trend of cross-channel video advertising and provide an assessment of the current state of play and recommendations for marketers to improve their efforts.
Forrester surveyed 500+ people responsible for marketing decisions in the US and UK. Its conclusion was that “firms that embrace insights-driven, customer-centric video marketing see greater returns.”
Here are some of the highlights:
Nearly 80% of marketers surveyed recognize video (including TV, digital video, social video, and over-the-top video) as an increasingly important medium. Why?
- 75% agree that video is evolving from a mass-reach medium to one that enables targeted reach to more precise audiences.
- 77% state that providing consumers with more targeted video content is a very important marketing initiative for their organization.
- 70% agree that effective use of video can boost business performance in other channels.
However, marketers face distinct challenges when it comes to being insights driven with cross-channel video marketing:
- 59% of marketers struggle with marketing and audience data stuck in silos.
- 66% aren’t flexible enough with creative or budget to quickly adjust campaigns based on insights.
- 65% of marketers lack centralized technology to deploy campaigns across multiple channels.
To separate the wheat from the chaff, Forrester calculated a maturity score for every respondent, scaled scores onto a 100-point scale, and sorted into three segments with Vanguards being the most mature.
By profiling the differences among the segments, we see that Vanguards feel much better prepared to deliver on the wave of insights driven and video-centric strategies. In the near future Forrester will be releasing a self-assessment tool as a supplement to this research for marketers to see how they stack up in terms of video maturity. Meanwhile, when it comes to enabling marketers with an insights driven cross-channel video advertising platform, rest assured it’s all in Scope.
Subscribe to the 4C’s Insights newsletter here.