TV and social media have become inextricably linked. By uniting these channels through multi-screen activation and analytics, 4C enhances media value for brands.
To assess the TV ads generating the greatest consumer response on social media, 4C fuses data from Teletrax, its global TV monitoring network covering more than 1,300 U.S. channels in all 210 DMAs, and its proprietary social affinity database with 1.5+ billion brand interactions across Facebook and Twitter.
By comparing each brand’s social media engagements in the two-minute period after the start of a TV ad to the brand’s average social media engagement rate, 4C calculates the TV Social Lift Impact. Ultimately this is a measure of how much more likely a consumer is to engage with the brand on social media after seeing its TV ad.
- Oreo travels to the top of the cable rankings with spots promoting new innovations like Oreo Thins and Oreo Chocolate Candy Bars. Weekday ads in the afternoon drove the most social engagement for Oreo.
- Amazon’s Echo campaign, which focuses on humorous moments when Alexa comes to the rescue, continues to resonate as consumers respond to the campaign with social engagement on Amazon’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Daytime TV spots on soap operas drove social engagement for Sprint helping the Telco brand climb to the 2nd spot in the broadcast rankings.
- Chanel doubled its number of May broadcast ads it aired year-over-year. The latest campaign promoting N°5 L’EAU toward a younger audience is resonating as social engagement following Chanel’s TV spots was 98% higher.
- Google cable ads are up more than 200x to support its Google Home product.The cable spots are responsible for a 81% increase in social engagement.